by Manish Mirani
Thanks for your quick response and sorry for my delay in my reply.
Your website is really informative and helpful for beginner like me who are have just started to work.
I am an Engineer working in Japan and learning to design leveler machine for sprockets.
I feel really very confused and frustrated a bit to understand the theory as very less information is available in books or internet.
Anyways i would be grateful to you if if you can teach me in step by step method :
For example considering following specification of raw material of Bike sprocket
Hot Rolled C-25 (C-25 is like mild steel. Carbon is controlled between 0.22 ~ 0.25)
Material Thickness is 8.00 mm (+0.15 / -0.10)
Outer Diameter of circle : 230 mm
Raw Material Hot Rolled Sheets / Flats.
1) Outer Diameter Punching (as per desired size example 190 mm, 194 mm etc).
2) Center Hole Punching (as per desired size example 52 mm, 64 mm etc)
3) Kidney Slots Punching (as per desired design )
4)Leveling required within 0.10 mm
1. How to decide leveling roll diameters?
2. How to consider the roll pitch?
3. How much leveling force is required per roller?
4. How to consider the Torque and power?
For the above questions i have rough idea,but i do not know how to conclude the idea in right direction.
I have been looking for answer of the above questions since long time and would be thankful if you can help an enthusiast learner like me.
Thanks and Regards,